The California Healthy Youth Act requires that comprehensive sexual health education and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention education be taught to students at least once in middle school and once in high school, beginning no later than grade seven. Instruction and materials must be medically accurate, objective, age‐appropriate and inclusive of all students, as defined by law. The law requires that instruction and materials must encourage students to communicate with parents, guardians or other trusted adults about human sexuality.
The purpose of this instruction is to:
• Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to protect their sexual and reproductive health from HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and from unintended pregnancy.
• Provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to develop healthy attitudes concerning adolescent growth and development, body image, gender, sexual orientation, relationships, marriage, and family.
• Promote understanding of sexuality as a normal part of human development.
• Ensure students receive integrated, comprehensive, accurate, and unbiased sexual health and HIV prevention instruction and provide educators with clear tools and guidance to accomplish that end.
Xổ số Hà Nội Xổ số Hà Nội • Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to have healthy, positive, and safe relationships and behaviors.
Xổ số Hà Nội Xổ số Hà NộiAll instructional materials are available for review in the Instructional Media Center (IMC) located on 1975 W. Lowell Ave. Bldg. A.
This instruction will be provided by TUSD science and English language arts 7th and 9th grade teachers. Below is the timeline of the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education and HIV Prevention instruction:
• K-8 Schools will be providing Comprehensive Sexual Health and HIV Prevention Education instruction on November 18-22, 2019
• Middle and High Schools will be providing Comprehensive Sexual Health and HIV Prevention Education instruction on January 6-10, 2020
If you do not want your student to participate in Comprehensive Sexual Health Education and HIV Prevention Education, please provide a signed, written note to your child’s school office prior to the beginning of instruction.
You can find more information on the Comprehensive Sexual Health and HIV Prevention curriculum by going to the Xổ số Hà Nội Xổ số Hà Nộiwebsite.